February 18, 2010

Books my 1st grader reads

Yesterday's post I talked about the books my kids read in Kindergarten. I'm writing this series to give parents ideas of some good books to read.

Today, I'm going to talk about Books for 1st graders. 1st grade is an interesting year for young readers, as they start to explore on their own books they like and books they want to read. First graders are usually introduced to their first chapter books, which they love, as it makes them feel like their older brothers and sisters.

One of my children's favorite chapter books are The Bailey School Kids by Debbie Dadey and Marcia T. Jones. The Bailey School Kids books helps develop the imagination of children with wonderful titles like Dragons Don't Cook Pizza, Ninjas Don't Bake Pumpkin Pie, and Robots Don't Catch Chicken Pox.

I've created a web page to highlight Great Books for 1st Graders. Other titles you will find there include, the Junie B Jones series by Barbara Park, Froggy Books by Jonathon London, and the Ghostville Elementary series by Debbie Dadey and Marcia T. Jones.

Help the group out by posting your favorite book for first graders and always remember, Reading is Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment