December 17, 2009

A conversation with my 8th grade daughter

I was talking to my 8th grade daughter the other day about the books she is currently reading. She was telling me she was a little board, since she didn't have any new books to read and was re-reading a lot of the ones she read last year.

I took this opportunity to have a conversation about reading and was trying to get her to think about the books she reads or would like to read. As you might imagine, it was a short conversation. So we went onto Barnes & Noble and started looking around, and then I got the bright idea to start asking questions, who is your favorite author, what books are your friends reading, and what books have released sequels. Here's the list of 4 books we ordered from Barnes & Noble.

1. The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma by Trenton Lee Stewart


2. Just Listen by Sarah Dessen


3. Leap Day by Wendy Mass



4. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins


Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment